At Iqra Academy, our teaching and learning in Science follows the National Programmes of Study.
Science allows children to develop their curiosity about the world around them and teaches the skills and methods of enquiry and investigation. At Iqra Academy, we aim to promote curiosity, enthusiasm and nurture learning in Science; encouraging children to ask, find out, reflect on their learning, knowledge and understanding of scientific processes and concepts and answer scientific questions.
Please find below some useful links which can be accessed from home:
- This website is easy to navigate and has links to games http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/revision/science/
- Topmarks website for KS1 http://www.topmarks.co.uk/Interactive.aspx?cat=62
- Topmarks website for KS2 http://www.topmarks.co.uk/Interactive.aspx?cat=68
- Space and Planets, NASA for children http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forkids/kidsclub/flash/
- KS1 BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/dynamo/lab/index.shtml http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks1/science/
- KS2 BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/science/ http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/websites/4_11/topic/science.shtml
- Science encyclopaedia http://kids.britannica.com/comptons/browse/subject?id=1662&subject=Science https://kids.wordsmyth.net/we/?ent=habitat